17 Jul DRY BODY BRUSHING TIPS
Did you know that your skin Is the largest organ in your body and commonly the most neglected? We’ll now you do. Also your skin is the most important elimination organ which plays a HUGE role in detoxification. Your skin also recovers a third of all the blood that is circulated through the body. Also did you know that the skin is the last to receive all the nutrients in the body but the first place it will show signs of deficiency and imbalance. Crazy huh? Our skin and body is so freaking amazing I just can’t get over how clever we are without even knowing it sometimes.
The benefits of dry body brushing
- Rejuvenates your cells
- Strengthens your immune system
- Increases muscle tone
- Dry skin brushing rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin
- Improves skin texture
- Stimulates and increases blood circulation
- Helps release fatty deposits under your skin’s surface (i.e. cellulite)
- Promotes detoxification
- Dry skin brushing helps your skin to absorb nutrients by eliminating clogged pores.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system by aiding the flow of lymph fluid throughout the body
Dry brushing is one of my non-negotiables as it sets up the tone for my day. I love dry brushing my skin and saying positive loving affirmations to myself. This really sets me up for a beautiful nourishing healing start which I then continue to take out into my day.
How to dry body brush
- Start on dry skin before hoping in the shower
- Start at the ankles and work your way up towards the heart – the lymphatic fluid flows through the body towards the heart so it’s important that you brush in the same direction
- Work in gentle little circular upwards circles – start at the ankles and work your way up the legs, thighs, stomach, back and arms. Be cautious around softer skin around the chest and breasts.
- Avoid brushing over inflamed skin, cuts, sunburn and sores.
- Say loving affirmations whilst brushing your skin, I LOVE and ACCEPT myself is one I like to use.
- Brush for around 3-5 minutes until your skin is tingly and rosy
- Always shower after to wash away the dead skin
- Moisturise after with some coconut oil or your fave body moisturise
Extra little tips
- You can purchase a dry body brush at your local health food shop.
- To clean it take in the shower with you and give it a little wash with you fave natural soap, then hang it up to dry naturally.
If you have any extra takes on dry body brushing I would love to hear about them in the comments below beautiful.